BRADFORD, PA – January 22, 2018 – The Bradford Ranger District of the Allegheny National Forest will soon be filling a full-time, temporary (seasonal) Forestry Aid (Recreation) position with a duty station of Marienville, Pennsylvania. The purpose of this Outreach Notice is to inform possible applicants of this opportunity and direct them to USAJOBS.GOV website to apply, if interested.
Description of duties
The position will report to a Recreation Unit, Work Group Leader on the Bradford District. This position assists in the development and the accomplishment of the Forest Recreation program through successful accomplishment of the following projects and assignments:
- Mowing and weed trimming of recreational sites across the Forest
- Collection and disposal of solid waste and litter at recreational sites
- Cleaning, sweeping and upkeep of restroom facilities at all recreational sites
- Administrative site cleaning and organization
- Removal of downed trees and brush at recreational sites and forest roads
- Brushing out of all forest signage; re/placement of signage
- Upkeep of forest kiosks and bulletin boards
- Performs other duties as assigned.
For questions regarding the duties of this position please contact: Josh Bridge (814) 363-6089 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Qualification Requirements for this position can be found in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Operating Manual for Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, which is available from any Federal Government Personnel Office and OPM’s website: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/index.asp
How to apply for the vacancy announcement: The vacancy announcement for this position is located at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488912900. Anyone who wishes to be considered for this position must apply on USAJOBS website by the closing date of this vacancy announcement. We encourage anyone who does not have a profile set up in USAJobs to do so as soon as possible. Once an account is set up, you can set up an alert notifying you of any appropriate vacancies.