BRADFORD, PA – May 12, 2017 – The Allegheny National Forest’s Bradford and Marienville Ranger Districts will begin summer hours as follows:
- The Marienville Ranger District will be open seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. from May 20 through October 9, 2017. The office is located at 131 Smokey Lane; Marienville, Pennsylvania. Phone: 814.927.6628.
- The Bradford Ranger District will be open Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. from May 27 through October 14, 2017. The office is located at 29 Forest Service Dr.; Bradford, Pennsylvania. Phone: 814.362.4613.
- The Kinzua Point Information Center is staffed by volunteers from the Warren County Visitor’s Bureau and will open from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Fridays through Sundays from Memorial Day weekend through September 10. The center is located at the junction of Forest Road 262 and Highway 59, just east of Kinzua Dam. Phone: 814.726.1291.
The Allegheny National Forest’s ATV and OHM trails will open at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, May 26. The Allegheny National Forest is making every effort to accommodate the larger machine sizes, but current trail design requires width restrictions for the following trails:
- Penoke OHM Trail, Rocky Gap and Willow Creek ATV Trails are all limited to machine widths of 50 inches or less.
- Timberline and the Marienville ATV Trails are limited to machine widths of 64 inches or less.
This change is necessary to ensure the safety of all operators, minimize trail expansion and adverse environmental impacts.
Riding the trails requires a permit, which can be purchased at any of the Allegheny National Forest offices or from any authorized vendors. The 2017 ATV and trail bike permits cost $10 for a day permit or $35 for an annual permit. The list of vendors and applications can be found at any ANF office or by going to: https://www.fs.usda.gov/main/allegheny/passes-permits/recreation.