BRADFORD, PA – September 27, 2016 – Several roads on the Allegheny National Forest will be closed from 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, October 1, 2016 through 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 2, 2016 for the Marienville Volunteer Fire Company twice yearly Tour-de-Forest ATV event. During this event, the forest will temporarily open several Forest Service roads and portions of the Marienville Bike Trail, but access will be restricted to event participants.
The following roads will be closed during this event. In addition, camping will also be prohibited within 500 feet from the centerline of both sides of these roads.
- FSR 127 from FSR 145 to the intersection with FSR 128 (Abraxas Road)
- FSR 226
- FSR 131 from the intersection with FSR 327 (Lamonaville Road), to Duhring
- FSR 449 from FSR 449C to the intersection with FSR 116
- FSR 116 from FSR 449 to State Route (SR) 666
- FSR 216
- FSR 221 from FSR 128 to FSR 221B; from FSR 221B to SR 1003 (Blue Jay Road)
- FSR 449C
- FSR 159
- FSR 287
- FSR 180 and FSR 180D
- FSR 145 from the TGT Pipeline to FSR 127
- FSR 128 from the end of the blacktop road at Abraxas Road to the intersection with FSR 180.
Enjoy the fall colors! The Timberline and Marienville ATV trails will be open for enthusiasts to enjoy the fall colors over the Columbus Day holiday. Trails will be open from 8:00 a.m. on Friday, October 7 until midnight on Monday, October 10. The winter ATV trail season should open on December 20 if temperatures are cold enough to freeze the ground. The only trails that will be open for the winter season are Rocky Gap, Timberline and Marienville ATV trails.