BRADFORD, PA – May 15, 2017 – Several roads on the Allegheny National Forest’s Marienville Ranger District will be closed from 12:01 a.m. Saturday, May 20, 2017 through 6:00 p.m. Sunday, May 21, 2017 for the Marienville Volunteer Fire Company’s annual Tour de Forest ATV event. During this event, the Forest will temporarily open several Forest Service Roads and portions of the Penoke Bike Trail, but access will be restricted to participants who are registered for the event.
The Forest will also temporarily close the following Forest Service Roads (FSR) during this event:
- FSR # 127 from FSR # 145 to intersection with FSR # 128 (Abraxas)
- FSR # 226
- FSR # 131 from intersection with FSR # 327 (Lamonaville Road) , to Duhring
- FSR # 449 from FSR#449C to the intersection with FSR #116
- FSR # 116 from FSR # 449 to State Route (SR) 666
- FSR # 216
- FSR # 221 from FSR #128 to FSR # 221B, from FSR#221B to State Route (SR) 1003 (Blue Jay Road)
- FSR # 449C
- FSR # 159
- FSR # 287
- FSR # 180 and FSR # 180D
- FSR # 145 from the TGT Pipeline to FSR # 127
- FSR # 128 from the end of the blacktop road at Abraxas to the intersection with FSR # 180.
In addition, camping will be prohibited within 500 feet from the centerline of both sides of these roads during this event.
All the forest ATV trails will officially open for the season at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, May 26, 2017. Once the ATV trails open, users are required to purchase a permit, which can be purchased at any of the Allegheny National Forest offices or any authorized vendors. The list of vendors can be found on the Allegheny’s website. The 2017 ATV and trail bike permits cost $10 for a day permit or $35 for an annual permit. Applications can be obtained at any ANF office or by going to: http://www.fs.usda.gov/main/allegheny/passes-permits.