BRADFORD, PA – January 13, 2017 – The Eleventh Annual Art in the Wilds is returning to Kane, PA this summer and fine artists and fine craftsmen are invited to submit an application to the show! This outdoor, juried fine arts event will be held on Saturday, June 24 and Sunday, June 25 from 10 AM to 5 PM each day in beautifully wooded Evergreen Park right in the center of town!
Kane is a small town in northwestern PA that is surrounded by the Allegheny National Forest. It is part of the Wilds Cooperative of Pennsylvania and PA Route 6 Artisan Trails and is a beautiful drive from any direction.The 2016 show was a great success, attracting over 6,000 visitors who purchased more than 1,300 separate original art pieces. We expect to attract over 6,500 visitors this year and plan to keep our number of artists below 40.
Funding is received from the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts and the Kane Community Development Foundation, along with corporate and individual sponsorships such as the Kane Community Hospital, an Affiliate of UPMC, all of which are all used in advertising and promotion to bring patrons to buy your art.Artist satisfaction is a priority with us:
- The 2016 show had an average artist satisfaction score of 9.6 on a scale of 1 to 10!
- Extensive advertising includes 40,000 show programs which are distributed in area newspapers along with radio, newspaper and travel guide ads, rack card and poster distribution and social media.
- The average artist sale last year was $1,862.
- Two thirds of our total annual budget is devoted to advertising and promotion of the show.
- Artists may take advantage of Friday set-up with free parking nearby, a Friday night artist reception and free breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday.
- Artist awards
- Twenty-four-hour security in a safe atmosphere exists.
- Inexpensive nearby lodging is available.
- Volunteers are at your service to provide booth sitting, answer question and help with set up and take down.
- There will be food vendors but the art is always the focus of the event.
- A five-county high school student art exhibition encourages future sustainability of the show.
- It’s Alumni Weekend in Kane – all local high school classes celebrate at the same time every five years so we have a nice crowd of buyers from all over the US.
Fine art, high quality fine craft, limited high quality prints and photography are accepted. The application deadline is March 1, 2017. Requirements include five digital images of recent work, one of your display and one of you creating your work, a copy of your artist statement and a description of your art process. These will be reviewed by outside professional jurists and you will be notified by March 24th of your acceptance.
You must provide a white tent with 4 sides that can be securely anchored to the ground and secured at night. The price of our 10’ x 10’ spaces remains at $100 and the jury fee at $20.
Please go to our website www.artinthewilds.org to learn more and to fill out the application. You can also call, email or write to the above address for questions and to receive a copy of the show guidelines, rules and application.
A participating artist recently wrote, “Just a quick note to let you know how happy we were to participate in your show. The quality of the other exhibitors was exceptional and so was the way we were treated by everyone associated with it.”