BRADFORD, PA – March 16, 2018 – The value and importance of Pheasants Forever in the state of Pennsylvania has never been greater than it is today.
The North Central PA Chapter of Pheasants Forever is a completely volunteer, nonprofit organization of area pheasant hunters and conservationists working to improve wildlife habitat on the ground, support our veterans, and introduce more youth to our great hunting and conservation heritage. The funds raised by our organization stay with our chapter to support our many projects in North Central PA. Some recent examples of work done through your support are:
- To date, the chapter is responsible for nearly $700,000 of habitat improvements, including parts of State Game Lands 44 and various public and private lands in Elk and several surrounding counties. In 2017, it is estimated that over 1,000 hunters and their canine companions visited the project areas, taking several thousand pheasants.
- Each year our chapter conducts an Annual Youth Pheasant Hunt with over 80 young hunters and parents participating over two days. Over 50 dog handlers also participate in this event.
- Each year our chapter holds a Pheasants Forever Youth Outdoor event for two severely handicapped and/or terminally ill youth. We began this tradition in 2011 and have since taken fourteen youth and their entire families for an expense free weekend of outdoor adventures.
- Each spring, in conjunction with the Brady’s Bend American Legion and Rosebud Mining, we hold a Wounded Warrior Pheasant Hunt. Last year 9 veterans participated in a very fun filled weekend.
- In a partnership with the NWTF of Warren, PA we provide a yearly Veteran Pheasant Hunt near Veteran’s Day. In 2017 we had over 70 Veteran Hunters participate. Besides this Veteran’s Hunt this year we also hosted about 80 additional Veterans over two days at Delp’s Hunting Grounds in Clarion County.
- Recently we partnered with MVO (Military Veterans Outdoors) to help improve habitat on their 742 acre lease which is used for veterans only for any outdoor activity they may enjoy.
The North Central PA Chapter of Pheasants Forever, respectfully requests your support of this year’s annual fundraising banquet which is our major fundraising event. This event will be held at Aiello’s Café in Ridgway on Saturday, April 7, 2018 with doors opening at 4:30 PM. We thank you for your support and together we can make a positive impact on our youth, support our veterans, and make significant habitat improvements.
For additional information on our chapter please visit our website at: http://www.northcentralpapf.org/ along with our Facebook page.
Carla Wegemer, Chairman – 814-594-2564 – Kersey, PA
Tim Rowan – 814-715-2754 – Brookville, PA
John Bilodeau – 814-834-1061 – St. Marys, PA
Mike Himes – 814-715-0103 – Brookville, PA
Dave Nesbitt – 814-389-0038 – Brynedale,PA
Larry Haag – 814-771-6887- Punxsutawney, PA
Howard Olay – Kersey PA
The UTV drawing will take place at the banquet. Tickets still available! $10 each.
Gun raffle tickets available!
and many more fun games!