BRADFORD, PA – September 26, 2019 – The USDA Forest Service will begin selling Fiscal Year 2020 Personal Use Firewood Permits September 27, 2019, which will be in effect October 1, 2019.
Personal Use Firewood Permits costs are:
- $20 for four cords of wood per year
- $50 for ten cords of wood per year
Personal Use Firewood Permits Rules:
- You may cut a standing tree if 20% or more of the bark is missing and there are no indications that is marked for timber use or has any wildlife living in it.
- You may cut any tree that is already laying on the ground.
- You may NOT cut any standing tree that is of timber quality, this is strictly prohibited and monitored.
- Permit holders must always have their current permit on them while cutting and/or harvesting wood from the Allegheny National Forest.
- Permit holders may ONLY cut wood from trees that are along Forest Service Roads.
- Wood permit holders will get in-depth rules briefing and a map when they purchase their permit.
- Forest Service Law Enforcement regularly checks for permits and ensures permit holders are following the rules.
- Permits are valid October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020
Personal Use Firewood Permits are sold at:
4 Farm Colony Drive
Warren, PA 16365
Phone: (814) 723-5150
Bradford Ranger District
29 Forest Service Drive
Bradford, PA 16701
Phone: (814) 362-4613
Marienville Ranger District
131 Smokey Lane
Marienville, PA 16239
Phone: (814) 927-6628
Special Personal Use Firewood Permits Events
Forest Service personnel will be available at the following locations to sell Personal Use Firewood Permits (cash or check only):
Forest County Visitor’s Center – Tionesta
Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Noon to 3 pm
422 Elm Street
Tionesta, PA 16353
Ridgway Chamber of Commerce – Ridgway
Tuesday, October 8, 2019
10 am to 3 pm
300 Main Street
Ridgway, PA 15853
Forest Service office hours:
- The Supervisors Office, Warren, PA, is open Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm, and closed all holidays.
- The Bradford and Marienville Ranger Districts are open Monday through Saturday, 8 am to 4:30 pm until Saturday, October 12, 2019. After that date, the office will be only open Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm, and closed all holidays.