The following season trail closure schedule will be followed:
- The Willow Creek and Penoke OHM Trails will close at 8 am on September 30, 2019 and remain closed until the next Summer operating season begins Memorial Day weekend in May of 2020.
- The Rocky Gap Trail will close at 8 am on September 30, 2019 and remain closed until December 20, 2019 when it is scheduled to reopen for the Winter operating season, if conditions allow. If conditions do not allow on December 20, 2019, Rocky Gap will remain closed until winter operating conditions persist. This includes deep ground frost and a solid frozen operating surface.
- The Marienville and Timberline Trails will close at 8 am on September 30, 2019 and remain closed until October 11, 2019 when they will be reopened for the Columbus Day Weekend Fall Colors Trail Riding. These two trails will close again on Tuesday, October 15, 2019 and remain closed until December 20, 2019 or later, dependent on Winter trail conditions.
Enthusiasts looking for additional riding opportunities, the Tour de Forest Fall event, hosted by the Marienville Volunteer Fire Department, will take place on October 5 and 6. More information about Tour-de-Forest can be found on line at www.marienville-fire.com or by calling (814) 927-6609. Registration fees apply.
The Marienville Ranger District office schedule for special events:
- Tour de Forest – Open Saturday, October 5 from 8 am to 4:30 pm and closed on Sunday, October 6. Forest Service personnel will be assisting with the event.
- Fall Colors Trail Riding – Open Friday, October 10 and Saturday, October 11 from 8 am to 4:30 pm. The MRD office will be closed on Sunday October 13 and Monday October 14. Forest Service personnel will be on the trails monitoring permits, provide information and assistance to riders, as needed.