BRADFORD, PA – April, 18, 2018 – Jeremy Kaltenbach, a 2002 graduate of North Clarion, has been donating his time and talents to helping the Sawmill Theatre. Now a computer engineer living in Columbus, OH, with a bachelor’s degree from Clarion University, Jeremy has designed a software system that enables the theater staff to reserve and print tickets in a computerized method that is customized for the specific needs of the Sawmill Theatre.
Jeremy’s mother, Debi Kaltenbach, began working at the Sawmill last spring and quickly realized the need for an upgrade to their ticketing procedure. She began conversations with her son about how he might be able to help. Throughout the theater’s off-season this past winter, the two were able to develop the software that has already shown itself useful as a better record keeper and time saver. In its first week of operation since April 9, 38 tickets have already been processed for the 2018 theater season.
What a season it promises to be! Live musicals, plays and bands will be held weekly throughout the summer at the rustic theater, located in the heart of Cook Forest State Park.
The Sawmill Theatre will present the following performances during the 2018 season.
- Love Potion #9 (Mahoning Valley Ballet) ~ May 10-12
- Savannah Sipping Society (Brookville Community Theater) ~ May 18-20
- Charlie Wheeler Band ~ May 26
- Journeys (Enchante Cabaret) ~ June 1-2
- Daddy’s Girl (Clarion Community Theater) ~ June 7-9, 14-16
- Annie, Jr. (Clarion Center for the Arts) ~ June 21-23
- Around the World in 80 Days (Punxsutawney Theatre Arts Guild) ~ June 28-30, July 5-7
- All I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten (Oil City Community Playhouse) ~ July 12-14
- Saloon Keeper’s Daughter (Knox Community Theater) ~ July 18-21
- Nunsense: The Mega Musical (Brookville Community Theater) ~ August 3-5, 9-11
- Skits from the Carol Burnett Show (Elk County Footlighters) ~ August 16-18
- Fishwrap (Clarion Community Theater) ~ August 23-25, 29-September 1
- Serenade on Broadway (Enchante Cabaret) ~ September 7-9
All shows are $15 per seat. Tickets are available online at www.sawmill.org or by calling the theatre’s box office at (814) 927-5275.
In addition to live theater, the Sawmill Center for the Arts offers local residents and tourists alike several large festivals throughout the year.
- Herb Festival ~ June 2 & 3
- Annual “Soup at the Sawmill” Luncheon ~ June 2
- French & Indian War Encampment ~ June 8-10
- Family Forest Fest ~ July 7
- Folk Music Festival ~ July 14
- Wood Carving Show & Competition ~ July 14 & 15
- Quilt Show ~ August 18 & 19
- Chainsaw Carvers’ Round Up ~ September 14-16
- Gingerbread Tour ~ November 2-4
- Festival of Trees ~ November 30 & December 1
The Sawmill Center for the Arts is a non-profit organization dedicated to instructing, preserving and honoring the arts. Located at 140 Theatre Lane in Cook Forest State Park, the center also offers a wide variety of art classes and a bountiful craft market, full of one-of-a-kind handcrafted items. For more information, visit www.sawmill.org. Funding for the Sawmill Center for the Arts comes, in part, from the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts and the Western Pennsylvania Great Outdoors.