BRADFORD, PA – August 21, 2019 – Allegheny National Forest is temporarily closing 1.3 miles of the northern section of Forest Road 145, also known as the Salmon Creek Road, for the public’s safety, which will be effective Monday, August 27, 2019.
The closure is due to a slump along the steepest portion of the north end of Forest Road 145, which has destabilized the road’s surface. Additionally, drainage issues have undermined the roadbed elsewhere in the segment to be closed.
The road closure, although temporary, will be indefinite until road repairs can be made. Currently there is no time table for making the repairs and re-opening the road.
Impacted Section of Forest Road 145 (see attached map)
- From the North – Forest Road 145 will be closed from the intersection with Forest Road 127 to a gate 1.3 miles south.
- From the South – Forest Road 145 will remain open to the public and for local traffic for approximately 7.2 miles from the intersection of Guitonville Road (State Route 3004) to the gate 1.3 miles south of Forest Road 127. No through traffic will be allowed.
- Campers will continue to have motor vehicle access to dispersed sites along the segment of Forest Road 145 that remains open to the public.
- Anglers will have access to Salmon Creek.
- Foot travel will be allowed along the closed portion of Forest Road 145.
- Allowances will be made to permit snowmobile use of the closed segment of the road during the upcoming winter season.
- Allowances will be made to permit ATV/OHV use, with limitations, during the upcoming fall Tour de Forest.
For more information concerning the closure contact the Marienville Ranger District at (814) 927-5700.