BRADFORD, PA – April 2, 2019 – McKean County E-Sales and Seneca Resources announce that the deadline is fast approaching for registration for the $10,000 Tagged Trout Tournament starting on April 13, the opening day of trout season. The Tagged Trout Tournament runs through Saturday, 4/20, at noon. Your registration donation must be received prior to 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, 4/13. You must register in person at McKean County E-Sales, 311 Main Street, Smethport, Pa. 16749.
Somewhere in Hamlin Lake, Potato Creek, or Marvin Creek swims a trout with a special tag worth $10,000. Any of the 200 tagged trout caught from 4/13 through noon of 4/20 will receive a prize, but one specially-tagged trout is worth $10,000. McKean County E-Sales is offering this trout tournament to the public as a way to celebrate the rich heritage tradition of the “opening day of fishing season.” The Ruffed Grouse Society will use donations from this event to support its women, youth, and habitat programs. Registration is a $5.00 donation.
This year, at the tagged trout tournament, anglers will also be able to enjoy themselves at this community event, centered around Hamlin Lake, with hot chocolate, donuts, hotdogs, and drinks; gun raffle tickets; and 50/50 raffle tickets. Information will be available about the Ruffed Grouse Society in McKean, Elk, Cameron, and Potter Counties.
McKean County E-Sales, Seneca Resources, and the Ruffed Grouse Society thank these following businesses and organizations that have stepped up to support this community event.
- Burger King of Bradford, McKean County;
- Crescent Beer Distributor, Inc., Mt. Jewett, McKean County;
- Ducks Unlimited, York County;
- Habitat for Wildlife, Johnsonburg, Elk County;
- Mary Hosmer, Ridgway, Elk County;
- Hamlin Bank, Smethport, McKean County;
- The HUB, Smethport, McKean County;
- Lucy’s Coffee, Tea, and Gifts, Ridgway, Elk County;
- McDonald’s of Bradford, McKean County;
- Mountain Laurel Federal Credit Union, Kane, McKean County;
- Myrna’s Mercantile, Crosby, McKean County;
- NAPA, Ridgway, Elk County;
- Nystrom’s Garage, Kane, McKean County;
- PA Trappers Association, District 4, NC PA;
- Olson & Tenglund (NAPA), Smethport, McKean County
- Realtree Outdoor Products from Georgia;
- Reiter’s Meat Provisions, Wilcox, Elk County;
- Save-A-Lot and Shop ‘N Save Grocery Stores of McKean County;
- Smethport Auto Wash, Smethport, McKean County;
- Smethport Diner, Smethport, McKean County;
- Top Outdoor Products, Renovo, Clinton County; and
- Vortex Optics of Wisconsin.
Anybody or any other organization that wants to help with a prize for a tagged trout should contact McKean County E-Sales or their Facebook page for more information.
The Ruffed Grouse Society was founded in 1961 to promote and increase awareness of young forest management and to maintain suitable habitat that supports healthy populations of ruffed grouse, woodcock, deer and many songbird species that depend on forest diversity to survive and prosper.